It is estimated that 1 in 7 people are neurodivergent, more than 15% of the UK workforce. Neurodiversity can include autism, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), dyslexia, dyspraxia and Tourette syndrome. With a formal consultation on the Learning Disability, Autism and Neurodiversity Bill expected later this year. Now, more than ever it is important for employers, managers and educators to consider how they can create a culture of inclusion and belonging in which everyone can thrive.
Attend this informative one-day in-person conference to hear from organisations and projects across Scotland that are leading the way in integrating and harnessing the potential of neurodivergent employees and creating neuroinclusive workplaces.
Bringing together colleagues from Scottish government, private sector employers, education, health, local government, and the third sector. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to share learning and network with colleagues working to embrace neurodiversity.
We recommend early booking. We look forward to bringing you the programme and speaker line-up announcement shortly.
Sessions will include
- What is neurodiversity and why does it matter? Changing the narrative to focus on talents and strengths
- An update on the progress of Scottish Government’s Learning Disability, Autism and Neurodiversity Bill
- Case studies from Scottish employers: how to support and develop a neurodiverse workforce
- Enabling employers to recruit, develop and retain neurodivergent colleagues
- Employment law and neurodiversity
- Increasing public understanding of neurodiversity – overcoming stereotypes and tackling stigma
Benefits of attending
- Hear the latest updates from leaders of organisations championing neurodiversity in Scotland
- Find out how to unlock neurodiverse talent in your organisation
- Gain a better understanding of workplace barriers for neurodivergent people and how to overcome them
- Understand how the Equality Act 2010 applies and examples of reasonable adjustments for neurodivergent employees
- Take away practical tips on how to embed neuroinclusive practices and policies
- CPD certified event (gain 6 hours towards your Continuing Professional Development)